KKCR has the following positions open for applications:
KKCR DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Development Director Job Description / Application email completed applications to email@example.com.
KKCR DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the General Manager (GM):
The Development Director will work to ensure the sustainable growth and financial health of the organization. This will be done by working closely with all staff and volunteers to increase and sustain revenue sources at KKCR Kaua‘i Community Radio through a variety of means, including, but not limited to: meeting our underwriting goals and servicing our current underwriting contracts, managing our annual pledge drive fundraisers, and managing and developing our annual special event fundraisers. The Development Director will also be required to occasionally assist with other duties not listed here. The Development Director will ensure that all fundraising strategies are in alignment with Kaua‘i Community Radio’s mission, and goals and policies.
Specific Duties include:
- Create and implement annual development plan and strategy working with GM
- Develop and present KKCR’s overall development efforts to meet annual budget requirements
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential donors.
- Develop and grow our individual donor base; manage multiple annual Fund Drives, cultivate major gifts, and special thank you gifts (premiums)
- Create and maintain press kit, underwriting literature and paper promotional materials.
- Service current and new underwriting contracts
- Work closely with KKCR staff and Kekahu Foundation Board of Directors to develop and promote annual funding campaigns and signature events
- Learn, follow and fully understand FCC and IRS rules regarding Underwriting language and execute messaging on KKCR following the letter of the licensing law
- Update and provide Underwriting Spots spreadsheets to Program Director (PD) and work with Program Director to ensure daily Program Logs are accurate and provided to programmers
- Work with PD to ensure underwriting messages are recorded and removed from folder when expired
- Write and assist underwriters with following underwriting guidelines
- Invoice and track underwriting payables, provide monthly reports to GM
- Submit Underwriting Receivable reports monthly
- Submit Hours and Commission Logs each Pay Period
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the GM
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Fundraising and or event producing and planning experience.
- Self motivated with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as necessary.
- Competence with office equipment including, Mac and PC computers and software, copy machine, multi line phone systems.
- Familiar with database management.
- Ability to train and supervise volunteers.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
KKCR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KKCR prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of race, ethnicity, creed, religion, sex, color, ancestry or national origin, age, political opinion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, occupation, source of income, gender identity or expression, physical appearance, familial status, or physical or mental disability of otherwise qualified individuals.
Development Director is a full time position. Salary is commensurate with experience.