JOB POSTING: OFFICE ASSISTANT
The Kekahu Foundation, license holder for KKCR-FM, Kaua‘i Community Radio, seeks applicants for an Office Assistant. Located on the north shore of Kaua‘i, the Kekahu Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation. Kekahu Foundation/KKCR Mission Statement: KKCR is Kaua‘i’s independent, non-commercial, listener-supported community radio station. KKCR seeks to:
• Stimulate, educate and entertain its audience
• Preserve, perpetuate and celebrate Hawaiian culture
• Reflect the diversity of the local and world community
KKCR provides a forum for overlooked, suppressed, or under-represented voices and music. The Kekahu Foundation facilitates this broadcasting opportunity.
The KKCR Office Assistant is a part-time staff position. Duties include assisting current staff with answering phones, databasing, assisting volunteers, website and social media postings, and fundraising. Position could lead to promotion as Development Director. The Office Assistant will be supervised by the General Manager.
Pay and Benefits:
Pay starts at $15/hour – 16 hours/week. Flexible schedule.
• Strong knowledge of Hawaiian music, culture and language.
• Excellent familiarity and knowledge of Community Radio
• Able to work with diverse group of dedicated volunteers.
• Professional communication skills, written and verbal.
• Experience working with non-profit organizations and fundraising.
• Sales experience
• Broadcasting education and experience.
• Excellent digital audio editing skills (Soundforge)
• Proficiency in using social media (Twitter, Instagram) and working with WordPress
• Spreadsheet and Accounting Skills
• Prior on-air radio experience.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The Kekahu Foundation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Kekahu Foundation, Inc. prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of race, ethnicity, creed, religion, sex, color, ancestry or national origin, age, political opinion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, occupation, source of income, gender identity or expression, physical appearance, familial status, or physical or mental disability of otherwise qualified individuals.
CLICK HERE to complete Employment Application – Once completed, please download and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or print and mail to: KKCR, PO Box 825, Hanalei HI 96714. Call Laura Christine at (808) 826-7774 with any questions.