KKCR is Kauaʻi’s independent, non-commercial, listener-supported community radio station.
KKCR seeks to:
- Stimulate, educate and entertain our audience
- Preserve, perpetuate and celebrate Hawaiian culture
- Reflect the diversity of the local and world community
KKCR provides a forum for overlooked, suppressed, or under-represented voices and music. The Kekahu Foundation facilitates this broadcasting opportunity.
KE ALA NUʻUKIA
Hawaiian translation by Kellen and Līhau Paik
ʻO KKCR ka hui lekiō kūʻokoʻa no Kauaʻi. He hui lekiō kaiāulu, e paepae ʻia ai e ka lehulehu a e hoʻolele ana me ka hoʻolaha ʻole.
Nā pahu hopu a KKCR:
- E hoʻoulu i ka hoi, e aʻo aku, a e hoʻohauʻoli hoʻi i nā hoa hoʻolohe
- E mālama, e hoʻomau a e hoʻolauleʻa pū i nā mea a me ka nohona Hawaiʻi
- Hōʻike i ka nani ākea o ko kākou kaiāulu a me ke kaiāulu kūwaho
He kahua ʻo KKCR no nā leo a me nā mele laha loa pū nō me ka laha ʻole. ʻO ke Kekahu Foundation ka mea e hoʻoholo ai ia mau papahana lekiō.
Consistent with the Kekahu Foundation / KKCR Mission, the Kekahu Foundation, through its Board of Directors, and KKCR, through its staff and Community Advisory Board, are guided by the following values:
Tolerance and Respect for Individuals, Groups and Cultures
- We respect individual rights, differences, and diversities of opinion.
- We practice inclusiveness and open-mindedness.
- We are non-partisan.
- We treat everyone with dignity and respect, free of discrimination and harassment.
- We acknowledge the importance of knowledge to be found in the Hawaiian culture and Kaua‘i’s other diverse cultures.
- Community Empowerment
- The core purpose of the Kekahu Foundation and KKCR is to benefit the community and the public good.
- We promote an active, informed citizenry.
- We provide a forum for people who are trying to make a difference.
- We support organizations that are committed to community-based action.